Ralph W. Shrader
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- He was raised, and attended school, in Coral Gables, Miami, Florida but, in the early 1950s, attended 12 schools in 12 years as his family followed his father who was serving in the Navy.
- He completed a Bachelor of Science, majoring in electrical engineering, at Penn State University, Philadelphia, graduating in the Spring of 1966.
- He completed a Masters Of Engineering and a Ph.D. at University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign with minors in mathematics and nuclear physics.  
- Worked at the Greyhound Bus Company as a summer job in Jacksonville, Florida during college. 
- Following graduation in 1966 he worked for Xerox, in Rochester, New York for the summer.
- In the following summer he worked for IBM in North Carolina in their 'research triangle'.
- Senior member of the technical staff with RCA's Government Communications System Division. 
- In the early 1970s he was National Director of Advanced Systems Planning for Western Union and based in Fairfax, Virginia and was involved in the development of their WESTAR domestic communication satellite.
- Booz Allen Hamilton:
- He was interviewed for his job at Booz Allen Hamilton, in 1974, by principal (a position below partner) Bill Stasior and the then Senior Vice-President, Ken Mundell. He worked for Bill Stasior for 25 years with Shrader replacing Stasior as Stasior was promoted within the company.
- Bill Stasior's area of expertise was ' the client relationship to support the United States Navy in their research and development efforts on communications systems ' and Shrader was hired to work on Booz Allen Hamilton's ' Navy communications program '.
- In the earlier 1980s he approached Bill Stasior to leave that role in order to try and gain the Defense Communications Agency (now known as Defense Informations Systems Agency) as a Booz Allen Hamilton client.
- In 1984 he was involved in the divestiture of the AT&T. 
- In 1994 he became President of the Worldwide Technology Business at Booz Allen Hamilton.
- In 1999, he became Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation.
- In 2008, he became President.
- Positions currently held at Booz Allen Hamilton :
- As of the 2011 fiscal year his total compensation has been calculated at $3,536,260. This includes a salary of $1,162,500. 
He married his wife Janice in the fall of 1969.